dwg file corrupted?

I have now experienced this problem two or three times. I am running
AutoCad 2000 LT, and after editing a number of text items in the
multiline edit, I can no longer select *any* entity on the drawing.
In fact, if I try a select all, it reports no objects available.
Moreover, when in this state, zoom does not work. In any variation.
I have not been able to discover how to get out of this state. It has
cost me the recreation of drawings, and is more than annoying.
Reply to
William Meyer