Re: Converting TEXT to MTEXT in AutoCAD LT 2000?

With Deft Fingers, "Steven (remove wax for reply)"

Get a (legal) copy of LT Tool Kit (http://www.drcauto.com /).
GREAT piece of software. We've been using it for several years now with our LT 2000 licences and it works GREAT as we can use our LISP routines 'flawlessly'.
Given that a full version (here in Canada) is $6000+
A licence of LT plus LT Tool Kit is Less than $1500!!!
Regards,
Bruce
Autodesk must like Canadians. You guys pay almost $1000.00 (USD) more for full Autocad than we do. It must be that long international journey :)

Off-list somebody recommended this program to me:
Cadaware LT Boost Extrem http://www.cadaware.com/lbedoc/intro.htm
It has a free fully functional demo, and it installed with no problems.
Separately, I found the Lisp routine tx2mtx.lsp at a couple of places. It appears to do exactly what I need. Reading it I see that it converts a list of selected TEXT entities into an MTEXT entity, which would be great.
However, I can't get it to work. I loaded the routine by typing Appload at the AutoCAD LT prompt, and navigating to the folder with tx2mtx.lsp. Then I tried to run it by typing this in the AutoCAD command line:
(tx2mtx)
I tried this with nothing selected, and after selecting the TEXT entities that I want to combine. Nothing happens.
Any other suggestions?
Steven
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:38:05 GMT, "Steven (remove wax for reply)"

--
Steven - snipped-for-privacy@houston.rrwax.com
remove wax for reply

If it's supposed to work the same as in full acad, retype without the brackets. Also, it may be worth looking at the lisp file in Notepad just in case the defined routine name is not the same as the file name (unusual unless the file contains more than one function).
John B
johnbogie btinternet.com Put the "at" in the gap.
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 20:25:13 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@fel.u-net.com.invalid wrote:

It all works now, not sure what I did differently.