X, Y Scale

Microstation will allow you to take an object or an object with multiple objects inside and scale it according to its x and y units. For example, if I have a 24' square with four 10' squares inside I can select the scale command, set the x to 1 and the y to 10, then select all the objects and I now have a rectagle that is 24' X 240' with four 10' X

100' rectangles inside. The only way I can find to accomplish this in AutoCAD is to save it as a block and adjust my insertion scale from there. Any way to do this without having to create a block?

Not 100% sure but I don't think so. Furthermore, you've probably noticed that when you scale the block non-uniformly, the objects become somewhat corrupted! The only way I know of solving this is to explode the block to non-polyline entities.

Reply to
strawberry

For differential scaling in X and Y BLOCK>>INSERT>>... is your only way. For uniform scaling in X and Y, the SCALE command does the trick.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich