Asking again....

Hi all, I asked this question last week, but got no responses. Please, If I'm asking a stupid question, let me know, or if I can't do what
I want to do,let me know. ok?
AutoCAD 2006
How do I add one block to the tool palette and control the source file?
Here is the situation.
I have a sting of text I would like to add to the tool palette. I created a block of this text, and put it in a location everyone can access.
now, if I insert this block, then drag and drop, the source file is wrong. It is the drawing I'm in, not the location the block is stored in. How do I change the source file location?
Thanks,
jojo