paper space and view ports

OK here is my situatation... running AutoCAD 2002 ANSI E sheet in a new layout One viewport taking up ~85% of the sheet can not view any items that are drawn in paper space that fall in the boundry of model space. I can select them because I know they are there but not see them. PLEASE some one tell me what I am doing wrong.....

Reply to
Bargeo33

regen while in modelspace. regen while in each viewport. regen while in paperspace.

Reply to
longshot

thanks for the feed back, but no luck still can't see anything. is there anyway of moving the viewport to the "back"....if I turn off the view port I can see everything that is drawn no problem, but I need to see both at the same time.

l> > OK here is my situatation...

Reply to
Bargeo33

So you can select them through the open port, but can not see them in the open port?

Any entities in the drawing that might hide objects in this view?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

try "draworder"

Reply to
longshot

Reply to
Bargeo33

What's your SHADEMODE setting? If it's not "2D" then your viewports will be opaque and overlie anything drawn in paper space. This sounds like what you're describing. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

I thought you couldn't change shademode in paperspace. I bet you have something on like an extra viewport over the other or a face that may be off, but still hiding

Reply to
longshot

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

It has solved exactly the problem I was hav> What's your SHADEMODE setting? If it's not "2D" then your viewports will be

Reply to
Bargeo33

No, but if it's set to 3D *in a viewport* (MS) that viewport becomes opaque. The OP's response says it all. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill