paper space and view ports

OK here is my situatation...
running AutoCAD 2002
ANSI E sheet in a new layout
One viewport taking up ~85% of the sheet
can not view any items that are drawn in paper space that fall in the
boundry of model space. I can select them because I know they are
there but not see them.
PLEASE some one tell me what I am doing wrong.....
Reply to
Bargeo33
regen while in modelspace. regen while in each viewport. regen while in paperspace.
Reply to
longshot
thanks for the feed back, but no luck still can't see anything. is there anyway of moving the viewport to the "back"....if I turn off the view port I can see everything that is drawn no problem, but I need to see both at the same time.
l> > OK here is my situatation...
Reply to
Bargeo33
So you can select them through the open port, but can not see them in the open port?
Any entities in the drawing that might hide objects in this view?
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
try "draworder"
Reply to
longshot
Tried the 'draworder' command and still no luck :( The items are drawn in paperspace, in the same area that the viewport is taking up. I want them to be 'overlaid' on top of the viewport. These are notations that if I put them in model space will clutter up the drawing because of the size they would have to be in order to read them on the plot (the drawing is a ramp that is 2.5km in length)
Michael Bulatovich wrote:
Reply to
Bargeo33
What's your SHADEMODE setting? If it's not "2D" then your viewports will be opaque and overlie anything drawn in paper space. This sounds like what you're describing. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
I thought you couldn't change shademode in paperspace. I bet you have something on like an extra viewport over the other or a face that may be off, but still hiding
Reply to
longshot
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
It has solved exactly the problem I was having.
Paul Turvill wrote:
Reply to
Bargeo33
No, but if it's set to 3D *in a viewport* (MS) that viewport becomes opaque. The OP's response says it all. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill