Viewing objects in a template

I created a new drawing with a custom layout template (one AutoCAD
provides). Then I drew a simple object in Model space. Problem is, when I
double click the viewport on the template layout, I can't see my object
created in Model space. How do you view it? I think the problem was it was
off the page of view the viewport windowed. But, I could not pan around to
get the object in view. Can anyone tell me how I can get it in view?
Brian
Reply to
Brian White
that is Zoom > Extents, by the way...