template from tube

I have an odd task to do.
I have a large tube with another tube crossing at a angle. Using 3d, I will be able to represent them in autocad.
I do need to cut out where they intersect and then print a 2d dimensional drawing as a marking template.
Any help?
First you need to know about UCS manipulation
Then you need to know to how to use region, extrude,interface and a few other 3D commands.
have an odd task to do.<BR><BR>I have a large&nbsp; tube with another tube crossing at a angle.&nbsp; Using 3d,<BR>I will be able to represent them in autocad.<BR><BR>I do need to cut out where they intersect and then print a 2d<BR>dimensional drawing as a marking template.<BR><BR>Any help?<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com () wrote:

I have sent you an email with attachments showing how you can do that without 3D.
Brian.
Brian
I clear forgot it can be done the same or similar way as on the drawing board it's not that difficult. I use to do it that way before I got into 3D now I never really think about doing 2D drawing much now
It never occurred to me to ask if it HAD TO BE in 3D
wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; I have a large&nbsp; tube with another tube crossing at a angle.&nbsp; Using <BR>&gt; 3d,<BR>&gt; I will be able to represent them in autocad.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I do need to cut out where they intersect and then print a 2d<BR>&gt; dimensional drawing as a marking template.<BR><BR>I have sent you an email with attachments showing how you can do that <BR>without 3D.<BR><BR>Brian.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=

it's not that difficult. I use to do it that way before I got into 3D now I never really think about doing 2D drawing much now

message () wrote:

I did need that as I did know how to do projections from a straight cut on a tube not a tube on tube.
Dan, thanks for the files. I do need to read more and get them done.
Angelo