Autocad training question

Hello,
Because I don't have much knowledge of Autocad, I would like to ask
people who do, a question.
Someone I know wants to start learning Autocad 3D and has made
inquiries at several schools where they give autocad training. All
schools have answered her that she will first have to do a 2D course.
Is it true that she has to understand Autocad 2D to be able to learn
Autcad 3D?
Thanks for your replies,
Martin
Reply to
Martin
Always a good idea. The problem is that you're assuming that we know something you don't ; )
Theoretically no. Pragmatically, yes. It's like asking, "If I want to learn to play the violin, can't I start with some piece by Paganini, instead of 'Mary had a Little Lamb'?"
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
Thanks for the answer, It's what I already thought (I have some experience in the old 3Dstudio of autodesk) and you will probably always have to work in 2D to build up the 3D models (or does that work differently in Autocad 3D?).
Reply to
Martin
Not exactly. The advice is given because of the relatively steep learning curve with acad in general. There's no distinct boundary between 2d and 3d, when working in 3d. Difficulty in visualizing things in 3d coupled with the addition of several more commands to the usual 2d compliment make 3d harder to do. If your 2d skills are shaky, then it's likely to be too much to start.
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich