paperspace question

Hello I'm getting used to using paperspace and views. Is there any way to see what the current set xp scale is set to for a selected or named view?
I'm always re doing 1/num xp to make sure I have the right plot scale for the sheet.
JG wrote:

LIST > select ur viewport

LIST > select ur viewport ----- Thanks, I see. However I'm puzzled (or confused) as to why I can only set the XP scale for a given viewport in Model Space. Why can't I set it from Paperspace??

Because that's the way it is.

Er... actually you can - at least from versions 2004 and up.
Just select the viewport and then adjust it's scale in the object properties window.

I stand corrected. (Don't use newer versions)
Re: Paperspace Thanks for the replies, We still use R-14 mostly in our office, (yea can you believe it).

Then my other (smart ass) answer was correct. You are not alone, BTW, on sticking with 14. There's been a growing reluctance over the last decade to continually 'upgrade', hence the new push on Revit as a profit center for Autodesk. If it still works, why dump it?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

The grass is always greener. 3d aside, I can't be the only person over on this side of the lawn wondering if things weren't simpler back with r14. I missed out on r2002 but I have this niggling suspicion that it has some XML functionality abandoned in subsequent releases. Anyway, from your perspective r2007 users have climbed further up the evolutionary mountain, but from their perspective they're just that much nearer a dead end!

What I do these days is to have a Rectangle (on Defpoints layer) that is 1/X the size of the viewport in Paperspace. So all I then do in Paperspace is to go into the viewport (double click anywhere within the viewport) and Zoom Window around my model space rectangle.
This works so good for me that I wrote a Lisp routine to simplify it for me.
For example, if your Paperspace viewport is 3' W x 2' H and your drawing scale is 1/8" = 1'-0", then your matching rectangel in Model space will be 288' W x 192' H (or 96 x 3' by 96 x 2'). You get the 96 by the drawing being 1/8" scale.
For what ever this is worth...
BruceF