paperspace question

Hello I'm getting used to using paperspace and views. Is there any way to see what the current set xp scale is set to for a selected or named view? I'm always re doing 1/num xp to make sure I have the right plot scale for the sheet.

Reply to
JG

LIST > select ur viewport

Reply to
Remo Shiva

LIST > select ur viewport

----- Thanks, I see. However I'm puzzled (or confused) as to why I can only set the XP scale for a given viewport in Model Space. Why can't I set it from Paperspace??

Reply to
JG

Because that's the way it is.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Er... actually you can - at least from versions 2004 and up.

Just select the viewport and then adjust it's scale in the object properties window.

Reply to
strawberry

What I do these days is to have a Rectangle (on Defpoints layer) that is 1/X the size of the viewport in Paperspace. So all I then do in Paperspace is to go into the viewport (double click anywhere within the viewport) and Zoom Window around my model space rectangle.

This works so good for me that I wrote a Lisp routine to simplify it for me.

For example, if your Paperspace viewport is 3' W x 2' H and your drawing scale is 1/8" = 1'-0", then your matching rectangel in Model space will be 288' W x

192' H (or 96 x 3' by 96 x 2'). You get the 96 by the drawing being 1/8" scale.

For what ever this is worth...

BruceF

Reply to
Mr. B

I stand corrected. (Don't use newer versions)

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Re: Paperspace Thanks for the replies, We still use R-14 mostly in our office, (yea can you believe it).

Reply to
JG

Then my other (smart ass) answer was correct. You are not alone, BTW, on sticking with 14. There's been a growing reluctance over the last decade to continually 'upgrade', hence the new push on Revit as a profit center for Autodesk. If it still works, why dump it?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

If they stopped at v2002 I wouldn't care in the least. It's far too over-complicated now, the time between releases is too short, the learning curve too long (even for experienced users) and there are no smooth transitions when features are introduced or changed (i.e. the CUI in 2006 and 3d in 2007). I used to consider myself a power user through v2002, now I feel inept, confused, and out-dated.

Reply to
Pete

The grass is always greener. 3d aside, I can't be the only person over on this side of the lawn wondering if things weren't simpler back with r14. I missed out on r2002 but I have this niggling suspicion that it has some XML functionality abandoned in subsequent releases. Anyway, from your perspective r2007 users have climbed further up the evolutionary mountain, but from their perspective they're just that much nearer a dead end!

Reply to
strawberry