manipulate text inside block

I have outsmarted myself.

I have for years used Rtext for my date in my titleblock. $(edtime, 0, mo"-"dd"-"yy)

so when I make plots during the design process, the date in the titleblock is current. then at the end of the job, I am supposed to explode the Rtext so the date stops updating.

but I usually forget to explode the block, explode the Rtext and redefine the block.

is there a way to access the data in a block sans exploding it? when last I had time to play, I was working with making views more automatically, and had some success massaging the view tables.

I was thinking at the time that perhaps there was a similar approach to blocks.

Reply to
roy