New Paperspace question

(Operating with R14 Softdesk v8) I'm moving along now with paperspace thanks to you guys helping me along. I'm now trying to visualize what to use it for. (We've been scaling borders and printing in Model space all these years). Another outfit was telling us we could just leave the overall Project layout intact and plot the different sheets 1 thru 3 etc by moving the paperspace viewport (and border layout) without having to copy out each sheet's part of the project separate in model space. But how do you keep the project from printing outside your sheets border if the zoom xp is set to encompass a 24x36 print area ? I.e. there is going to be some white space outside our border frame... right ? And if the project is still intact this is going to show past the border line of our layout? Am I missing something?

Reply to
JG

Sorry, don't follow that.

See above.

Try this:

In pspace insert as many title blocks as you need. (I usually have between one an 20 in a dwg file)

Put viewports in each of them- one for every drawing or detail view you want on each sheet.( I usually have between 1 and 6 per sheet, depending)

Adjust the layer visibility in each port so that only what you want to show in each is showing. Zoom to the info you want in each viewport, to a known/desired scale.

Plot from pspace at 1:1.

I don't follow what you're trying above, but it doesn't sound like what I'm suggesting. I further suggest you make a "view>>window" for each sheet in pspace, and use them to plot by view...it's quicker. Just don't ever move them.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

We limit what shows in paper space thru the use of layers.

Reply to
doane_nut

Look here: originally written for R14, so it applies directly to your case:

Paul Turvill