paperspace ?

Hi,

I'm working on an existing drawing in acad2004 the dwg consists off a "model tab" and lots more 'tabs'

No when I edit the drawing, all 'tabs' shange acordingly. This is great.

When I place some parts of the dwg to the other end. One 'tab' appears empty. This is quite normal, becouse I displaced its content. Now I need to get the content back into this 'tab'.

I understand I've got to 'zoom' my way back. But when I use the zoom command all it does is zooming the layout, and not the dwg on the layout. I'm lost pls help

btw. zooming works on one of the ' tab's ' . this tab does not display a ucs. all the others do.

When I get this right I need to create a new 'tab', but then I get back to this group.

tregarrds,

michael

Reply to
mickey

Aha..... found it! putting on my stupid cap... I typed 'mspace' on the command line and whoops!... the dwg zoomed. Typing 'pspace' zoom's the layout again.

Reply to
mickey

Double clicking inside the viewport also changes it to mspace, double clicking outside it changes it back .

bit quicker than typing.

Also make sure you don't put a viewport entirely within another one. Could explain why, but might be better for you to try and see what happens. :)

Steve

Reply to
Steve Yoxon

Why? It's OK to put a viewport entirely within another one, Just "ctrl R" toggles -switches between all viewports on the layout, You could also use the icon on the very bottom of a Acad window toggle (paper / model) especially when your display is entirelly in a P. Space and you can not click outside of a viewport!! It is good idea to have Viewport toolbar open to control the scale of each VP. You could create any VP shape, - "convert shape" to VP. - on same toolbar

Have Fun Roman

Reply to
R Cygan