Inserting raster image as part of DXF file

I need to enhance the DXF export support for one of
my applications.
1) Does DXF format support embedded icons or other raster images?
For example - I have an existing DXF image, and I want
to merge in some raster icons ( without vectorizing )
If anyone can confirm that this is, or is not supported
that would be much appreciated.
2) If it is supported, can anyone point me to specifications
for representing the raster element within the DXF file.
3) On the slim chance that any programmer has code
snippets ( VB 6 or VC++ ) for saving Raster images
within a DXF file that would be GREAT.
Note -
I have done some research looking at the DXF format specs published
on
AutoDesk's web site. The specs make it look like it should be
possible but there isn't enough information.
There are for instance references to
ImageDef Object
RasterVariables Object
Image Entity
OleFrame Entity
OleFrame2 Entity
but the documentation does not specify the
exact format of binary data used in these entities.
So for instance the OLEFRAME2 entity defines two records:
90 Length of binary data
310 Binary data (multiple lines)
That is fine, but what is the format of "Binary data".
Also the IMAGE entity has hard reference to the IMAGEDEF object.
But the documentation says nothing about exact format of this object.
Surely someone must have done this before ?
Note - I am willing to pay for assistance on this if the
insertion of raster images into a DXF based drawing
is possible.
Or perhaps someone can at least suggest where I may
find answer to my question
Are there any other Newsgroups which may be
more focused on DXF format related issues ?
Jeff Bennett
Jeff @ Bennet-Tec.com ( remove spaces for e-mail )
Reply to
BTIS Jeff