Convert jpg file to solidworks readable format?

I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to convert to solidworks readable file. The part have some slot with slant a few degree. I like to import to solidworks to sketch it out and measure the degree.

Thanks.

Reply to
cheamc

"cheamc" a écrit dans le message de news:

40d7c602$1 snipped-for-privacy@news.tm.net.my...

In you sketch: Insert/ Image

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

Thanks Jean. I forget to look at the insert side. manage to import it but facing scale problem. Anyway I can measure the slot degree.

Reply to
cheamc

Have a look at the freeware version of Wintopo.......

Art Woodbury

Reply to
John Kimmel

As Art suggests, Wintopo can be used to convert raster images to vector; however, I think a more direct method for quickly "measuring" your JPEG image has been overlooked.

In SolidWorks (with a sketch open for editing) you can use the main menu "Tools/Sketch Tools/Sketch Picture" to import any of a number of graphic file formats to appear in the background. (Keep in mind that this differs from the insertion of an OLE object in the background of the Part file's viewport and can ONLY be seen when the sketch containing it is being edited.)

Such an image can be scaled when it's first imported or afterwards by double clicking on it (within the sketch viewport).

With the graphic image beh> > I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to convert

Reply to
Per O. Hoel