AutoCad as OleServer - Programmatically embed images in DXF

Does anyone know how to use AutoCad as OleServer ( from VB 6 )
I need to programmatically modify DXF files, inserting icons ( or if
necessary DXF blocks from another DXF file ) into original DXF. I need to do this from a VB 6 project and I need to ensure that the resulting DXF is truly AutoCad compliant.
Jeff Bennett Bennet-Tec Information Systems, Inc Jeff @ Bennet-Tec.com