Help...Dimensioning in model space (layout) using solview/soldraw

I have several students using Autocad 2002....we dimension in Model space (within paperspace layout) and use solview and soldraw to obtain the layout (floating viewports). After setting the proper layer and making sure the UCS is in the proper place, dimensions we place are sometime hidden from view, however, are still there and selectable. What is causing this situation...PLEASE HELP!!! I would like to be able to see the dimensions. WE ARE STUCK!!! Thanks to anyone with a solution.

Reply to
Fxdcon1

The solution is -----------> dimension in paperspace.

That's how AutoCAD has been designed - at least the last couple of versions.

Reply to
David

Hmmmmm, I tried that..... had lots of problems. Other people move stuff around in paperspace when I am not around, or I inadvertently do. 99.9% of my dimensions are in model space. Dimensions belong on the model, then I can create other dimension layers and control views in different v-ports by freezing layers in v-ports

Reply to
Brian Spillane

Set shademode to 2D in all view ports

Terry Rawkins

Terry Rawkins

Hi, Brian;

Just out of curiosity, have you ever seen dimensions, centerlines, hidden lines and so on at, say, bypassing car? If not than why would you put all af these stuff into a Model space? Since the object/model in real life is free from all of the auxiliary information shouldn't that info being placed in Paper Space which is designated for it?

Igor.

Brian Spillane wrote:

Reply to
Igor Mironenko

Thanks for suggestions....the 2D setting inthe shade dropdown seem to take care of it. Thanks to all.

Reply to
Fxdcon1

Brian Spillane wrote:

Hmmmmm, I tried that..... had lots of problems. Other people move stuff around in paperspace when I am not around, or I inadvertently do. 99.9% of my dimensions are in model space. Dimensions belong on the model,....

Reply to
Brian Spillane

Thank you, Brian, you have answered my question.

Regards,

Igor.

Brian Spillane wrote:

Reply to