Unwanted underlined Multiline text in LT

I just upgraded to a new computer running Windows XP Home edition and upon loading my AutoCAD LT 2000, several times, I can't get multiline text to underline only the words that I want underlined (I'm using AutoCAD LT98 with an LT2000 upgrade). The darn thing always underlines everything after I click OK. It will be fine in the text window when editing, but as soon as I click OK, everything is underlined. This even happens to existing multiline text that came from other files from other computers. As soon as I go to edit text that has a portion underlined, BAM. The hole darn thing is underlined.

Has anyone got any ideas how to fix this problem?

Reply to
BMatth3321

If you want to underline a word, try putting %%u before the word and then %%u after the word. The first %%u starts the underline and the second stops it. This is a dumb way of doing it, but it works.

Relz

Reply to
Relz

Thanks. I know how to perform underlining in single line text (Dtext). The %%U does not help the problem I am having in multiline text as I describe. Once there is an underline command in the multiline text, the whole thing ends up underlined. You cannot use %%U in your multiline text as it appears as %%U!! Anyone else with a solution?

Reply to
BMatth3321

Same problem with XP Pro. I've tried the %%u before and after with no success. Searched the Autodesk site and their standard reply to Mtext editor problems is "use true type fonts". Wouldn't it be great if I could tell my boss that Autodesk says I can't use the only font the he will accept!!

Reply to
Rick Elliott