title block in wildfire

Hi, I'm new in proe and I want to create a title block that i want to use for all my drawings - with company logo, name, date, drawing no, title, etc. Please help me. Thanks, Diana

Reply to
cosy

Can you not import your old one from your previous cad package as a dxf file?

Reply to
dakeb

That is only a start. You need to set up attributes in your part files and use those values to populate the information in the drawing border.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

In addition to D.B.'s import suggestion....

You might try sites like ptcuser.org, mcadcentral.com looking for tutorials. Web search for something like Pro/E + "title block" OR "drawing format" + tutorial will turn up a bunch of stuff that you might be able to sift what you want out of. (You can start compiling a 'useful resource' list out of it, too.)

Not to jab at this group; I'd also recommend hooking up to one or both the above mentioned sites. They have more traffic (?), available 'knowledge base' archives; good places for mining info.

(I like the newsreader interface of this group, myself. Think the lack of binary attachments hurts it though.)

Reply to
Jeff Howard

: "cosy" wrote : Hi, : I'm new in proe and I want to create a title block that i want to use for : all my drawings - with company logo, name, date, drawing no, title, etc.

Yeah, I know, this is something that really deserves a tutorial, a whole course! There's a lot to it!! I'm sure you've discovered.

Most of the formats (and it would help if you can find a finish-formed one to study) are a mixture of draft geometry and Pro/e tables. In addition, there is some pretty slick stuff for adding a call out grid (could roughly second as a drafting grid, but mainly provides hash marks around the border).

All of this is available through 'File>New>Format'. You can use a couple things to create formats. As dakeb said, import framework of the draft geometry (or wind up using Pro/e's sketch tools to create it). But, by all means, where ever you need to capture parametric information, use tables and all the variety of techniques for manipulating them like merge cells, change widths/heights. Then, within the table, enter parametric information as notes with &parameter or as symbols within a repeat region ('Table>Repeat region>Create'), then enter repeat region parameters for creating you BOM. This is an entire chapter in a Pro/e detailing course.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes