Part Views Disappear on Edit of Title Block In Drawing

2005 SP 0.1

Newbie to working with drawing views so this may be a very simple issue (I'm still hopeful that I'll hit one of those). After adding a few part views and a BOM to a drawing sheet I edit the title block and all of the drawings disappear from the sheet. They're still visible but a little grayed out in the tree but only title block and page edge are visible in the window. Any pointers?

-Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

Simple enough unless I don't understand your question. To edit the title block, you probably did a RMB and selected Edit Sheet Format. This puts you "below" the drawing views, etc.

Picture it as a lake with clear water and you can only look down, not up. You see leaves, boats, etc floating on the top. You also see the bottom of the lake, but since it's below the top surface, you can't touch it (without getting wet...) However, if you put on your special suit that allows you to go below the surface, you can then touch the stuff on the bottom. You have just entered the Sheet Format. The views are still there above your head, but since you are "below" the sheet surface, and can't look up, all you see is what's below you - the stuff on the Sheet Format, such as title block, revisions, etc.

To get your views back, RMB on the drawing and select Edit Sheet.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thanks - that fixed it. Was guessing something like that and looking for a send to back sort of function. Kudos for the creative description as well!

-Matthew

Reply to
Matthew