rtext title block autocad 2006

Hi all...
In drawing most house plan, we use 2 or 3 drawings (with multiple tabs in
each)
for a set.
I would like to put a text file in the folder with the drawings with typical
title block
information (owners name, address, ect)
When I open a drawing I would like for the information in the text file to
appear on the
title block.
I have googled rtext and read lots of good stuff, but still not sure how to
do this.
Can you help?
Thanks,
jo
Reply to
jojo
to the best of my understanding, RTEXT is just a way of embedding commands in your text, like system variables, drawing name and such.
it sounds more like you want a text file in a folder with the job that would be read into the file. I would do that with lisp. in fact I have several I play with that reads text OUT of the title block to write a text file for when I close out a job. client name and address, last plot date and such.
check out vlisp help files for OPEN and READ-LINE and such and play with it. I'll be around all weekend.
roy
Reply to
roy