EXTRACTING INFORMATION

Hi,
I am currently using 2000, but will be upgrading to 2007 in just a few weeks.
Is it possible to extract the information in the drawing properties?
Is it possible to "bring in" information to the drawing properties from an excel file?
What we would like to do it create a client contract in excel, define things such as address, then somehow import this info into the drawing properties.
The drawing properties are then displayed on the title block using rtext and diesel.
Thanks for any info...even if its a different/better way to accomplish the same thing.
jojo