unwanred mtext wehn importing points file

When I import a data file of X,Y,Z points into Land Desktop it
displays a mtext for each and every point as well.
Land Desktop 06 (Civil3D)
What I'm trying to do is import the points with a marker and a
display
of elevation (selected as Point Settings,Text,Elevation prior to
importing)
The trouble is, as well as displaying the elevations of the civil
point, it is also displaying a mtext for each point which appears to
be the first numeral of the elevation.
It's only started doing this in the last few days and I can't figure
out why it's doing it when it used to work fine.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Dene
Reply to
Deno