xtrkcad

I can't seem to define elevations. I've got the track down pat. Lets call it a figure 8, the train runs around finally. (lots of broken sections of track).
But I want to make the tracks go over/under each other, not figure Xing. I would think I could just pick two points and say 0" to 6" - Compute! But nothing I do works. And frankly I find the help less than help. I set elevations but all the track after that seems to be the same elevation. No grade.
Any directions would help.

It indeed is a bit tricky. I think that you need to first 'break' the track, then start setting elevations. You can only *set* elevations at track joints, so if you have a long stretch of flextrack, you need to create 'breaks', separating the flextrack into smaller pieces and rejoin them. This is just a convenience thing -- these joints don't mandate locations of rail joiners, etc. Then you can set the elevations. Actually it easier to select several sections of track and then click on the elevation editor. You can then drag the joint up or down to get your elevation contour. Oh, you can then fine tune things when you return to ? mode and enter exact Z values for track ends.
--
Robert Heller -- 978-544-6933

If you have lots of broken sections of track, how can you say you've got the track down pat?

He's not a perfectionist? He'll settle for less than the best? {;^)
Mark Mathu wrote:

Okay, bad sentence structure. I finally got the track laid down properly and got all the broken sections out of the layout. I finally got the train to run and got rid of the broken sections.

Go to Yahoo and join the XtrkCad group. There are hundreds of users there. Very helpful bunch.