ok sorry for the easy/dumb question

Hmmmm , urrrrrggg how do I or rather what do I turn on to show the dimensions in the assembly model. Not on the drawing side but just for reference.

Thanks,

Marty

Reply to
Marty

"Marty" wrote in news:bs8d80$p8h$1 @terabinaries.xmission.com:

That depends on what you want to see and how you have things set. If large assembly mode is on, you'll have to turn that off. You can see if it's on in the the Tools menu.

If you want to see all the part dimensions... well, depending on the size of the assembly, that's a lot of dimensions... right mouse button click on the Annotations folder in the feature manager window and select "show feature dimensions", you may also have to turn on the "display annotations" if it's not on. If you go to the "details" option, I'd recommend using the "always show dimensions the same size" too.

You might also just want to show the dims for a particular feature or mate or something, in which case you just double click on it.

matt

Reply to
matt

In the Feature Manager (FM) RMB on Anotations & select 'Display Annotations'. In large assemblies this will flood it with all the dimensions that you used to create the parts. You also have the option to just display any reference (driven) dimensions that you may have used.

Unfortunately, there is no way to only show the dimensions the you may have used to create the assembly (e.g. distance mates, etc.)

HTH

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen