customize mouse

I'm using a 4 button with a wheel microsoft optical mouse and would like to know how to program it so that one of the buttons would = the autocad
"escape command" so I could cancel commands more easily..... thanks
First you will have to program a key other then the Escape key to be "Cancel". I suggest the F1 key, since most users HATE going to Escape, hitting F1 by mistake, and launching Help when they don't need it. You can accomplich this by following the instructions in Lynn Allen's Blog. Here is a link. http://lynn.blogs.com/lynn_allens_blog/2005/10/the_best_autoca.html .
This tip does not seem to work in AutoCAD 2007.
Actually it does work in 2007. I just had to play with it a couple of times. The next step after that is to get the latest Intellimouse software from the Microsoft site. In that you can program application specific button assignments.