Globally change file view

When I want to open a drawing I go to File>Open. In the Select File dialog
box, all the files appear as Folder icons. I can go to the 'views' pull down
menu within this dialog box and change to Details so that the files appear
as a list of files. I would like this to be a permanent change coz whenever
I select another folder within this list, it changes back to folder icons.
So, does anybody know how to globally change my view of the files and
folders in the 'Select File' dialog box. I am using Architectural Desktop
3.0 on Windows XP.
TIA
Mike
Reply to