Num keypad not functional

SW2004 SP1.0

Try this for me, please. If confirmed, I will send it in.

Start a mate between a couple items and when the floater comes up, ignore it and pick a distance or angle dimension type in the Property Manager area. At that point notice that the existing distance (for example) is highlighted - just what you would expect. However, if you attempt to type in a new value with the num keypad, it doesn't work. The only way to get it to work is to click in the box, which unhighlights the value, rehighlight the current value, and then type in the new.

If you start the mate as above and instead use the floater, both work. If you start the mate as above and instead use the regular numbers, it works.

This is especially frustrating for me as I use the num keypad ALL the time - I hardly ever touch the top numbers. And since I have the view positions macros assigned to the keypad, rather than the number changing, my model goes flying around the screen. Actually, now that I say that, maybe it's Harry Potter coming to visit???

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Sorry Wayne, works for me on SP1. Sure you got the numlock key on? :)

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

On it is. Do you have any numpad macros on? Maybe having macros assigned to those keys intercepts the call when it shouldn't. If you want to try the same macros I am running (Lee Bell's) I can send them to you.

Muggs, I know you have them on - what's it do on yours?

WT

rehighlight

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I've seen this as well ....I just hit the left ctrl once and then it works again....do You by any chance use a space mouse ??

Krister L

Wayne Tiffany skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:br28ps$267kdf$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-201804.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Krister L

Nope, no space mouse. Do you have macros assigned?

WT

diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:br28ps$267kdf$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-201804.news.uni-berlin.de...

rehighlight

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

No macros....but it sometimes feels like my ctrl key is locked up in any way....if I in this situation as You describe hit the esc key I will will open up the start menu, but if I hit the ctrl it goes back to normal

Krister L

Wayne Tiffany skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:br2hji$26umqe$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-201804.news.uni-berlin.de...

diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:br28ps$267kdf$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-201804.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Krister L

I just tried the CTRL key in my instance - no difference.

WT

diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:br2hji$26umqe$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-201804.news.uni-berlin.de...

diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:br28ps$267kdf$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-201804.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Hey Wayne,

I have the same problems as you, and since you gave me the macros, I'll assume that is the problem. It's a small price to pay, because love the macros, but it is a nuisance.

Muggs