Open dialog box will not keep 'thumbnail' option as default

I'm having an issue where I'd like thumbnails to be the default setting in my open dialog box. It seems to be stuck in the list mode instead. My VAR correctly found the setting within the windows registry, and I've changed that, but that does not seem to correct my problem. For reference, the location of the registry setting for this is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2007\User Interface\Settings\OpenFileDialog

The specific key is called "OpenSaveDlgViewState". A value of "5" sets it to use the thumbnail view.

This problem occured recently during one of the service pack updates. I think it may have been the 2.2 update that made it 'forgetful'. Anyone have any suggestions on what to look for next?

Currently running SW2007 SP3.1

Reply to
scottaw