Residual mates to suppressed subassemblies

I have a base assembly which acommodates many (up to 12) customer optional modules. There are many permutations of the modules and many limits of which modules can be used together on the base assembly.

I have handled this in the past by saving the master assy with all customer modules suppressed, then simply unsuppressing the modules I want.

The annoyance is that if you do this then the mates which had constrained the module to the base assembly are not suppressed but are left as broken. On some previous versions, (was it 2001+) when you suppressed a module, its mates to the outside world were automatically suppressed also.

I cannot for the life of me imagine why there would be some use for preserving these now broken mates to a suppressed module. There seems to be no way to change this behaviour.

Since there are many pernutations of 1..12 modules, setting a configuration for each combination is clearly unrealistic.

Leaving the base model loaded up with 30 or 40 broken mates works, I can live with it, but it seems dumb, is probably CPU inefficient and may contribute to instability. Anyone have any ideas?

Best Regards Malcolm Cox

Reply to
albert