Measure dialog box

I think SP4.0ev has introduced a new feature to the measure box, but I would like someone else to verify it, please. The box now has a section that displays the names of the selected entities. This, then gives you the opportunity to delete a selection by the name, rather than clicking on it in the graphics area.

I presume the SP is where it came from, but I was also wondering if I did something else instead that made it show up.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

If I understand you correctly, I have that in 2004, and I recall it having been there for some time. I suspect you're just noticing it...

Reply to
Michael

I looked at a machine running SW2005, SP1.1 and it was not like that. The measure box changed with SW2005, and I think this feature disappeared and just now came back.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

We are currently only up to SW2004 SP5.0, and I believe that the box you are referring to has been there ever since I've been using SW (since SW2000).

Ken

Reply to
Tin Man

I just read through the list for SP4.0 and sure enough, it's there. The wording suggests that the box used to be there, was gone, and now is back. See, I wasn't crazy. :-)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

We have several identical HP boxes here and all are maintained by me, but one has a different measure dialog box. It seems that I am going crazy trying to find out why this one machine loaded with identical software does not let the user expand the measure dialog box with the upper right corner down arrow icon like dojiggy. It only shows the values of the measure on the video screen.

R> I just read through the list for SP4.0 and sure enough, it's there. The

Reply to
Waligora, R

I have a question regarding the measure tool in SW2004 SP 5.0 (probably a dumb one but anyway) When I measure between two holes in gives me the distance between centres. When I measure the distance from a hole to an edge it gives me the size to the edge of the hole not the centre. Is this default, can I get solidworks to give me a distance from an edge to the centre of the hole, or the minimum distance between two holes?

Trevor

Reply to
Trevor

I had this problem too... until support told me to drag the bottom edge down. Duh.

.. and this was on a new install of SW.

Reply to
Cam J

SW2005 gives you those options, but I don't remember any way to control it in SW2004. Maybe someone that is still using it knows of a way.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

This is a little tricky. SW is a little too clever about how it presents the results when measuring between holes. The good new is, sometime around SW2004 or so, they added another value down at the bottom of the measurement box, "Shortest distance between selected entities".

Jerry Steiger