surfcam, visi, mastercam, gibbs

its such a shame vero is influencing surfcam to change. I had the opportuni ty to develop visi's cam side and the verify part was horrible. Now that th ey bought surfcam i see their influence in verify (v6). Visi had many drawb acks but i got it to work, no one else at my company wanted a thing to do w ith it.

visi is a good solid modeler, but the machine side left a lot to be desired , support was awful. verify was a joke, feature recognition needs variables ie c'bore is 1.4999 dp vs 1.5000 dp should be the same

the point i want to make here is that with surfcam v1,v3 i could bang out a program in seconds, now in v6 they want to give me more options, and this would be ok if it weren't that the base choices are all WRONG.

Mastercam v5 (what i have now) has some good perks but is fussy, too many s creens, options, hard to figure etc.

Gibbs, ok i tried gibbs in 99, even went to their HQ for training, I dont g et it and I avoid companies that use it. sry gibbs, maybe its better now bu t i still avoid it like a hooker with herpes.

there aint nothing i cant do with surfcam V1 or V3 and thats my vote.

Reply to
wasonce

visi is a good solid modeler, but the machine side left a lot to be desired, support was awful. verify was a joke, feature recognition needs variables ie c'bore is 1.4999 dp vs 1.5000 dp should be the same

the point i want to make here is that with surfcam v1,v3 i could bang out a program in seconds, now in v6 they want to give me more options, and this would be ok if it weren't that the base choices are all WRONG.

Mastercam v5 (what i have now) has some good perks but is fussy, too many screens, options, hard to figure etc.

Gibbs, ok i tried gibbs in 99, even went to their HQ for training, I dont get it and I avoid companies that use it. sry gibbs, maybe its better now but i still avoid it like a hooker with herpes.

there aint nothing i cant do with surfcam V1 or V3 and thats my vote.

******* Your prolly programming the new stuff like old stuff.

You need a paradyne shift to appreciate the differences.

Reply to
vinny

I think somebody in the San Diego area should check on our buddy Jon, here's a post praising SurfCam and not a word,a week and no insult, no rants about the inferiority of it,nothing.

And no body counts regarding his little LinkedIn club.

I'm concerned he may have given up and become a normal human being again, or at least something closer.

Reply to
Just Me

nope, hes still bonquers.

Reply to