RIP SurfCAM?

What's the deal with Surfcam?
A little birdie told me they were in serious financial trouble and may actually fold. The CAM market is clearly shrinking so some will fail but I didn't think it
would be them.
I hope this is just a BS rumor.
Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system Per maggiori informazioni |For more info https://www.mixmaster.it
George Orwell wrote:

If the rumor is true I would hope for a buyout by someone who will do a major upgrade to the product.
--

Regards,
Steve Saling
Garlicdude wrote:

well, even tho its a decent product, they really can't move forward like the other cam systems.. for them to move any further, they would have to start over from scratch.. the basis of the system as it stands now is still from the old dos system, they just can't add anything more to it.
look how teksoft did it.. they started with procam, and decided to move away from the standalone system, and go with camworks..
where I would love to see surfcam survive, I just don't see it happening unless they start over..
George Orwell wrote:

I made a comment to a post about this a month ago. One of the better cad/cam salesmen they had left a while back, he was one of the few really good ones. C'ya Surfcam.
--

Michael Gailey
Artistic CNC Mill, Router and Engraver Programming

Fanuc getting into CADCAM ?? That will set the user interfce back more than 50 years...
Can you imagine going into a screen to set one bit of a binary word to allow you get into another screen, look up the magic word and bit in the top secret decoder booklet, find the right bit, change it, go back three screens, change the first bit you set, clear the blinking alarm you now have flashing.... Oops, forcing you to hit reset to clear the blinking alarm clears out some other thing you wanted... Go back through six more screens.... WTF was I doing ????? Oh, yeah, I needed to rotate the veiw on the screen.. To do that you have to set/clear half a dozen bits somewhere in the parameters.
Now to turn it off, you need to go through all of that all over again...
Versus clicking a menu with a mouse on a PC based system.
I can hardly wait to see how user HOSTILE Fanuc could make it. They will win the User Hostility award though...

Good riddance! I haven't forgot that "free Surfcam 2-D" scam they pulled on naive folks, such as myself, years ago.
--

-JN-

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:26:50 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
No hard feelings, Jon, but I'm not quite sure you're the man to see when it comes to "reality".
--

-JN-

I'm quite sure you lost touch with reality a long time ago. Suggest reading my blog and trying to get your head out of your ass as it's been there for quite a few years now.
http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com /
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

why not create some new usenet group? Who knows, with the right name it might take off.?? alt.machinist alt.cad.cam
My group sure did, I think I got 3 visits this year alone!! alt.friggenbozo.rules
laugh if you want, but I bet everyones server carries it! Imagine if it had a good theme?

Because the web attracts more new faces and new faces are what keeps a group alive and not stagnant. This group is dying a slow death because it doesn't attract new users and because it suffers from not being moderated in the proper way. Is there ever a reason to not moderated stalking? I'd answer no. You can say the guy is full of shit and you can say it several times but when you follow their every post like Cliff Huprich pioneered and Tom Brewer, Joe788, Half Nutz Putz then imitated you kill a newsgroup or a forum. This is what has killed this newsgroup despite the utter bullshit Bottlebob has posted to the contrary.
Perhaps a web site to attract users to a moderated newsgroup is the answer?
For sure Practically Worthless Machinist and CNC Advertising Zone aren't he answer. SVL and BD also have a legit point about the crappy software that is used on these boards.
In the mean time I'm doing something about the problem with my blog(s). Is it ideal...nope but it's got some advantages. ;>)
I'd suggest a bunch of regulars doing something about the problem and moderating it. SVL, Dan Murphy, BD, yourself. Garlicdude and others who don't come to mind at the moment are all capable of working together to solve this problem and to build the best place to discuss machining, cadcam, computers, etc. I've tried in the past and no one was interested. When people have had enough and want the exchange that use to happen here before Cliff Huprich showed up then it will happen. Would I ban a scumbag piece of shit like Huprich from this type of group...not unless he violated a no stalking rule repeatedly in which case I would ban him. Not sure what else I'd ban.... I'm not a big fan of anonymous posters who attack others like Joe788 does with me. I have no problem with attacks if they aren't stalking and are done in your own name. To hide behind an anonymous alias and do it shows what a chicken shit pussy that person really is.
Moderation is not bad if it's done right but it's very clear to me that most can't do it. It's also very clear that most can't run a web board. Practically Worthless Machinist and CNC Advertising Zone are perfect examples of how not to run a Web Board. Unfortunately so is E- Mastecam and I've said as much to the person who runs E-Mastercam on the phone a few weeks ago. He use to post here and I'm glad I picked up the phone to try and straighten out what is probably 12 years worth of not getting along. I like the guy and feel I can trust him. Too bad so many years had to get wasted but that's not all my fault and I think he knows that as well.
Find a few people who want to do something about the problem and the problem will get solved.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com /
On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:01:39 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

[ Franco Folini
UPDATE -- July 8, 2007 -- I had to close this blog post to further comments and to remove the personal attacks between Jon and some other newsgroups readers. Before the interview, I made an agreement with Jon about the style of the interview and the way to handle it. Jon didn't respect our agreement, posting comments under fake names. Jon's authentic and fake comments are all posted from the same IP address, 72.199.251.224. I can now see that my trust in Jon was misplaced. ]
On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 15:01:39 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

Great gag site...funny stuff.....you have gone Jonnie-Bonkers again for a program you have never seen or used but viewed a few canned demos and sales advertisements.
Tom
Franco Folini And Novedge Exposed:
http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/the-cadcam-value-added-reseller-problem /
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 20:25:03 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

A: Truth
Q: first victim of bandqueer blog.
See you are trying to revise history again.
Franco Folini And Novedge Exposed:
http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/the-cadcam-value-added-reseller-problem /
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
Jonnie,
How come none of these pals of yours post to your blog?
Have even your alternate personalities deseerted you now??
All of you, and your little nutballs could have quite a party posting to your blogs couldn't they?
Remember last August, when you said you needed all the alternate personalities to post with, since it was too much for you to do all alone? Now that was funny! Try to be funnier than this copy and paste gig you are on now. We are counting on you you know. You and all your little voices should be able to really ham it up. And don't forget to accuse someone else of hiding behind an alias.. Always good for a laugh.
Topdownbydesign OS Noir Frank Booth, jr dominantjon John-Who ? snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Mr.X jbtech Clinton Upyers ? Haywood Jablowme snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Normand Blais snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@connix.com jon banquer snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Topdownbydesign OS Noir Frank Booth, jr dominantjon Mr.X jbtech Clinton Upyers Haywood Jablowme Normand Blais snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@connix.com jon banquer snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Brian Winters donl517 Johnny Stevenson snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Joe789 J0e788 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Topdownbydesign OS Noir Frank Booth, jr dominantjon Mr.X jbtech Clinton Upyers Haywood Jablowme Normand Blais snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@connix.com jon banquer snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Brian Winters Johnny Stevenson Joe789 J0e788 Former Heavy Industries Employee donl517 James Jessup snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Troll Killer Former Heavy Industries Employee, donl517 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Topdownbydesign 209.66.145.186 OS Noir Frank Booth, jr dominantjon Mr.X jbtech Clinton Upyers Haywood Jablowme Normand Blais snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@connix.com jon banquer snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Brian Winters Johnny Stevenson L. Davis Joe789 J0e788 Former Heavy Industries Employee, donl517 James Jessup snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Troll Killer Mr. Stan Nowicki snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com Mastercam User Neil Jones
Franco Folini And Novedge Exposed:
http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/the-cadcam-value-added-reseller-problem /
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 08:45:58 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

[ Franco Folini Novedge: UPDATE -- July 8, 2007 -- http://blog.novedge.com/2007/07/an-interview-wi.html
"Jon didn't respect our agreement, posting comments under fake names. Jon's authentic and fake comments are all posted from the same IP address, <snipped IP Address> I can now see that my trust in Jon was misplaced." ]
Then when Jon got caught and exposed for violating his agreement with the author he couldn't keep his excuses straight:
[

Because it can't be done without wasting massive amounts of my time! ] - Jon Banquer on Jul 9 2007
[ I figured for once I'd give these posters a taste or their own medicine which seemed to anger the host of the Blog who had elected to go with an unmoderated format. ] -Jon Banquer- July 18, 2007-
[ getting even with a CADCAM salesman ] -Jon Banquer - March 4, 2008
So Jon, out of your three separate and distinctly different excuses, which one is the truth?
Tom

The real problem is American products have simplified. Cam is needed less in America than abroad. The only way cam can survive in America is to sell in Asia. We still design the complicated stuff, so cad will be here a while, but the manufacturing of complex geometry"ied" products has left the building.
All we can do now is make simple geometric products +- a nats ass in America.

We can do the complex geometry. Our downfall is finding any fellow countrymen to pay more than five cents for a mold.
Later,
Charlie