Mastercam Reliability

I sure hope Mastercam X3 is better coded than X2. I cranked out 6 programs today. Had to kill Mastercam and restart it 4 times. Shit
just stops working. Example: I'm chaining and wish to move the start point. The move start point dialog box won't open until I kill Mastercam X2 MR2 SP1 (latest download from CNC Software's website) and restart.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
jon_banquer wrote:

I smell operator error! It works OK here. Sorry Jonnie, but I do actually use the pgm.
gk
What you smell is you're own stench, Knutson. It's the stench given off by a shitbag who can barely use Mastercam and whose posts to Usenet over more than 10 years prove this beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On May 7, 11:18 am, snipped-for-privacy@rise.zzn.com wrote:

We just started running dual monitors at work. Only reason we got them was for Mastercam X2. I was disappointed to find that I can't leave the WCS Manager open on the second monitor. Also, when backplotting if I move the backplot dialog box to the second monitor it disappears. Same thing happens with the chaining dialog box.
I've played around with Viewsheets. As they exist now I don't find them of much use. What what make them really useful is if they could be tied to a WCS. That would beat having to open the WCS Manager to change WCS's. I'd also like to see the Level Manager reworked with the Viewsheet tab type of approach.
I also doubt that X3 is going to be better reliability wise but it's obvious CNC Software isn't going to fix what's wrong with X2 so I see no choice but to upgrade our 5 seats.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Jon, are those dastardly branch points still causing you to transform Z depths and change levels?