Turnkey,.. XY positioning with motors and controllers.

Hey you guys,
Do you guys have some links to companies who sell (off the shelf) small/compact all-in-one XY programmable systems.
We need a system which is "small" Under 8" sqr would be great! 2"-3" of X-Y travel would be good. And the positional accuracy can be loose,.. +/-.005. (hobby cnc system)?
Anyhow, something clean looking and reasonable in cost?
Thanks..
Anyway, I found something...
http://www.velmex.com/motor_examples.html
..

Your perfectly welcome.

But,...... I haven't been f%$##@! yet....?
.. ;^)

How about buying the CNC sherline mill? Get 3 axes with stepper motors and hook it to any controller you want. You may find it easier to get the whole CNC package and use CNC code to drive your test fixture.
Gary H. Lucas
Thanks, Gary.. I agree, it's not a bad setup for the price but it's a little big and not sure if we can get what we need from the controllers?
..

Sweet motherlode of linear overstocked sh*t at a low price....Hot damn!
http://www.google.com/products?q=ebay+xy+linear&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1
.. 8^)

zxys wrote:

Sounds like a job for Edmund Optics. Look at http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlinecatalog/displayproduct.cfm?productID21
I don't know if that link gets you to the exact product group that you need; but it's close. And they sell a LOT of different configurations. If the website or catalog don't help, then call and ask. They've always been more than helpful for me.
KG