Keep me from buying in Asia please!!! Looking to have parts made.

Here are the very basics of what I need. If you know someone who can offer it, please let me know and I'll put you or the contact in touch with my engineer / purchasing guy to see if we can place an order. He will provide drawings and better specs.

DOM tubing - steel

2.750" ID +/- 0.001" (prefer 0.0005")

3.000" OD

5.430" length per part.

Hard Chome Plating inside prior to honing will likely be necessary.

I don't care if the folks do it in 40' lengths and then part it to length or if they do it piece by piece... I simply need the parts made and am doing all I can to stay out of Asia for these... HELP!?!

Quantities are not huge, but not 5 pc. orders either. We would probably order around 250 pcs. on an order after seeing proof of quality.

Reply to
Joe "Dufu"

Honed tubing is quite readily available, it's being commonly used for hydraulic cylinder manufacturing.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Not to those tolerances... At least not that I'm aware of.

Reply to
Joe "Dufu"

hydraulic cylinder manufacturing.

You're looking at about 70mm, ISO H* specifies tolerance in that ID range as being 0.046/0mm which works out to be +0.001811inch, minus zero which is slightly closer toleranced than +/-.001

PrecisionmachinisT