Mastercam V9 users?

Anyone here use mastercam version 9 ? Help needed with milling tool offsets if possible please. Cant seem to set them. Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Bob, I just finished 2 years vo tech college with V9.1. 2 1/2D, 3D surfacing, etc. Shoot me a ? RichD toolman8 (at) copper (dot) net

Reply to
RichD

Hi Rich The problem I'm getting is not being able to offset a tool/cutter radius when designing a part on the mill section of Mastercam. To clarify, normal manual programming on a Heidenhain 151 controller allows me to alter the radius of a cutter to get oversize part sizes. Basically, you can lie to the controller about the cutter radius size. A mastercam designed part, and then the NC file it produces, seems to lack the ability to alter the cutter radius successfully when on, and via, the Heidenhain controller. There must be a way, but cant seem to find it. Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Bob, does your controller understand G40, 41, etc. If it does, set the MC Operation/Parameters/Compensation Type to "Control". Now the control will be able to use the tool table where you set the actual radius. Your "POST" (XXX.pst) must support this type of operation. RichD

Reply to
RichD

Hi It may understand G codes, but Heidenhain is conversational, eg x 20 y 30 for example. It may be that the post is outdated on my version. Bob

Reply to
R Plume Eng Co

Bob, your example is what G code commonly supplies. Commands (G, F, S, T, etc codes) coordinates (X, Y, Z positioning) and machine commands (M codes). The G40, 41 and 42 are the cutter compensation commands telling the control to use the machine control tool table (you set this up) and which side of the line. RichD

Reply to
RichD

Bob, BTW, a POST (.pst) file can be edited to turn on/off certain features and adjust certain values. There are many examples and user configurable files available. They are very criptic, but not impossible to modify. DO save the original version for safekeeping. Your MC seller should support you with the correct POST file for that control. RichD

Reply to
RichD

I'll post the programme on here later so it is clearer/ Bob Thanks

Reply to
Emimec