1. Open a new workgroup.
2. In the X,Y Plane, have your X,Y marker at the bottom center of your
3. Draw a point, and two lines; 0 degrees and 90 degrees.
4. Draw only HALF the silhouette of your tool/holder.
5. Connect the geometry, but DO NOT connect the geometry of the
centerline of your tool/holder.
6. Select the geometry.
7. Go to the "Form" icon in your "Tools" group and select "Apply".
Your tool/holder should be "swept" around and show the full diameter.
The main thing here is to not connect the geometer on the Y
centerline, it will automatically "sweep" around.
Post any results.
Scrape away the middle portion on the brass piece what you want here is to
have intimate contact with the dovetail only at each end--best is to feed
the lube in from just inside the hollowed out portion both ends--suggest use
a ball endmill or carbide burr to make oil distribution grooves where
Polytechforum.com is a website by engineers for engineers. It is not affiliated with any of manufacturers or vendors discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.