mastercam for dummies

I have some mechanical design experience in gear and fa brication..

I've been given the opportunity to pick up MasterCAM and learn it over a few weeks.

Is such software to create tool paths useful for a designer who has little knowledge in machining beyond knowing what a machine centre does...Will it help me to talk to CNC programmers or machinists???

From what I have seen machinists don't really have good opinions of designers in general..

Just asking..

Reply to
greg g

My opinion, spend a few days in a machine shop watching and listening. That will do you more good than MC.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy