mastercam for dummies

I have some mechanical design experience in gear and fa brication..
I've been given the opportunity to pick up MasterCAM and learn it
over a few weeks.
Is such software to create tool paths useful for a designer who has little knowledge in machining beyond knowing what a machine centre does...Will it help me to talk to CNC programmers or machinists???
From what I have seen machinists don't really have good opinions of designers in general..
Just asking..
On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 23:10:33 -0700 (PDT), greg g

My opinion, spend a few days in a machine shop watching and listening. That will do you more good than MC.
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.