Best mutiuser solution.

Hi all,

Our engineering department has 10 seats of SolidWorks and we pay for the full support package. So far we have not upgraded to 2007 as we have been in the middle of some major projects. We encounter the usual issues and crashes but in general SolidWorks does the job for us. We use PDMW to allow collaborative design work.

Having read all the comments about the ruin of PDMW in release 2007 we are more than ever reluctant to upgrade. We design complex machines having thousands of parts by splitting them up into sub assemblies assigned to a specific designers. All this requires collaboration and PDMW does provide some degree of protection. We have very tight deadlines and cannot afford to have screw ups due to software and revision issues!

My open question to all users of the forum is:

In your opinion what is the best method to utilize SolidWorks in a multiuser collaborative design environment and why? We will consider all solutions and any add on software. Actual experience with this issue would be helpful rather than uninformed opinions.

As there are a few subscribers who get excited from time to time lets keep the replies civilized please.

Dave Senior mechanical designer.

Reply to
Dave Rhodes

Serious production should phase in new major releases after testing. (So, service pack 3 - 4... +)

Moreso, the group should have someone(s) test the upcoming releases and it's ability to effectively ADD function to the group.

What else can > Hi all,

Reply to
mandiison