Advice needed

HI all. I built a gear cutter a while back and it works ok. http://www.pacificsites.com/~snyder/Ebay/GearCutter.html I have built the electronics and part of the mechanics for a better one with
the idea of selling it.
http://www.pacificsites.com/~snyder/Ebay/EbayPic.jpg
A description is at: http://www.pacificsites.com/~snyder/Ebay/stepper.html I wrote a short article to aid stepper motor designs. http://www.pacificsites.com/~snyder/Ebay/Stepper%20Motor%20Design.html Anyway, here's the question. Is there any interest at all for this stuff or should I use it for manufacturing something else? If so, what? Thanks in advance. Larry

Hi Larry. Knowing what I know these days, *I* would tend to purchase a small CNC desktop lathe or mill machine (such as Sherline, Taig, etc.) to do gear cutting. But if gear cutting is *all* someone is interested in, then your design might be worthwhile. My advice to you - based on my very recent experience - is to make only a few at a time and see how they sell - don't spend money on tons of parts and equipment until you've established that there is a viable market for the product. I'm discovering that a small portion of my recent offerings seems to have a much bigger demand than my original full product.
Also, it looks like you have everything you really need to create a CNC retrofit kit for small desktop machines, so that might be a possibility, too.
Asking questions like you are doing here is an important first step! Keep it up!
Best of luck ! JCDeen