Need some 3200 bearings

Im getting ready to replace the bearings in my Hardinge HLV-H threading gearbox and am having a bit of a difficulty finding "3200" bearings online. I keep coming across "double row angular contact" ..which is a bit odd as these appear to be simple single row shielded bearings.

Does anyone have a Cheap source and does anyone have a listing of actual bearing numbers that make up the bearings in an Hardinge HLV-H threading gearbox?

Id rather not take each assembly apart and toss em into a box...brrr!....I want to buy the bearings, and rebuild each individual cluster and then stick it back into the machine.

There may..may be other bearing numbers needed..hence my request for bearing list. Ive not pulled all the clusters out. The two that I have pulled..have gritty bearings..nasty.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Mcmaster has them for not too much. Open, shielded and rubber sealed. $26-29 each

if you want to sell the lathe, it always helps to have receipts from mcmaster

Reply to
Ignoramus5013

$28 each????? For those little bearings? And I need (9) of them?

Not bloodly likely.

According to the Hardinge Parts List...chuckle... I need: (9) TL-6617 (1) TL-6618 (1) TL-6616

The only bearing I could actually read the number on said it was a 3200.

About 1" od, 3/8 ID, metal shielded. Aprox.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

3200 is an obsolete New Departure number for a plain-jane 10x30x9mm 6200 bearing. 6200ZZ is double shielded. About $2.50 to $6.00 depending on brand.

Email an RFQ to Motion Industries -- they show a couple hundred in stock.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Ned Simmons wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Almost. 3200 is 14.3 wide. 6200 is 9 wide. This is probably a substitution I would make but a bit of time making shaft and housing spacers the trade off for a more common bearing.

Reply to
Charles U Farley

The 14mm wide bearing is a double row angular contact bearing, Gunner says he has a single row conrad bearing. In addition to ND using 3200, other mfrs have used 200, 1200, and 43200 as part numbers for the

6200.
Reply to
Ned Simmons

3200 is 14.3 millimeter wide. i

Reply to
Ignoramus5013

Nope, a 3200 double row angular contact bearing is equal to a 5200 and

14.3mm wide. A New Departure 3200 single row conrad (deep groove) bearing is 9mm wide and the same as a 6200.
Reply to
Ned Simmons

Gunner

vxb.com

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Many many thanks!!! I was wondering why I couldnt find any data on the

3200 bearing..other than "double row angular contact"......and they were simply way way too small for being them.

Ill pick up 10 of the $2.50 bearings. I should be able to buy a stack of em cheap.

Something tells me Ive already got a tube of them "somewhere"...but where..that is indeed the question. Shrug..for $25..Im golden. The remaining two bearings...No idea of what they are..or even where in the gear box they are. While its a moderately simple gear box...one has to stuff 3 shafts in at the same time and get everything lined up..then tap the end bearings on one end in place..with luck before you can even think about installing the end plate.

Ill try Thompson Industrial or even Ebay.

Think these are good enough?

Tons of 6200 bearings on ebay. I suppose rubber shielded would be ok as well?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

My bearings are 9mm wide.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

good enough to sell the HLV-H on ebay

Reply to
Ignoramus5013

Heads up Iggy..Its not for sale. This is about the 4th time you indicated I am, or should be selling it on ebay.

Is there some reason for this?

Its one of my money makers. As is the 14x52 Clausing 1500 I just got running.

So I should sell things I can make money using and make a one time score and then starve? Or should I use it and make money continually?

Let me know please..curiosity is killing me.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Odd..they dont appear to be selling bearings. Is there a better link?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I got the cross out of a bearing interchange manual that I've had since about 1977. New Departure doesn't exist as a manufacturer any more, but they tended to use odd nomenclature. They also made a lot of oddball bearings that are difficult and/or expensive to source these days.

I thought sure you'd rise to my bait. ("Email an RFQ to Motion Industries...")

I'd think so. Unless you do an awful lot of threading the bearings are more likely to go bad from sitting and collecting crud than from wearing out.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Isn't that the bearing used in skateboards and inline skates?

Reply to
RBnDFW

Those are 608s.

Ignoramus12523

What pranet you from? Works for me. Doublecheck your fyping tingers.

16mm x 60" LMS kits for $60. 10-packs of 3200 bearings for $39.95 12x24x6mm?!?

-- Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary. -- Peter Minard

Reply to
Larry Jaques

My mistake..I automatically entered

Try it.....

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

These look cheap enough, yet USA made (according to the picture..shrug)

Rubber shielded or ZZ shielded would be better in the guts of a lathe gear box?

Most of the lathes I service have gearboxes in oil..so they are open sided