Cheap Muscle Wire

Hi All. I just placed some Flexinol muscle wire on ebay @

's a really good deal @ $10. Larry

Reply to
Larry Snyder

--Yeah if it *stays* at $10.- Doesn't look like there's any more than the one lot tho..

Reply to
steamer

Let me know how much you want and I'll put it on Ebay. I have about 3 miles available. Larry

Reply to
Larry Snyder

This begs an explanation; I can't begin to imagine.

- Daniel

Reply to
D Herring

Hi Daniel. My project is:

am having difficulty with machining and am working on it. I bought over 7 miles. The stuff on ebay is the least useful to me. The stuff I'm not selling has a smaller diameter and heats/cools faster. Any help/suggestions are welcome. Larry

Reply to
Larry Snyder

--Aha! Looks to me like a variation on the venerable Stirling engine. That means not a lot of torque, but a sealed system; i.e. all you need is an adequate delta-T between hot end and cold end. For Stirlings this number can be as low as, IIRC, 70degF . If you can narrow the delta-T further you might have something.

Reply to
steamer