Cheap Muscle Wire

Hi All. I just placed some Flexinol muscle wire on ebay @ http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item30208302087&ssPageName ­ME:L:LCA:US:1123
It's a really good deal @ $10. Larry
Add pictures here
βœ–
    --Yeah if it *stays* at $10.- Doesn't look like there's any more than the one lot tho..
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : The impeachment process
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : exists for a reason...

Let me know how much you want and I'll put it on Ebay. I have about 3 miles available. Larry
Add pictures here
βœ–
Larry Snyder wrote:

This begs an explanation; I can't begin to imagine.
- Daniel
Add pictures here
βœ–

Hi Daniel. My project is: http://www.pacificsites.com/~snyder/Motor/high_efficiency_power_conversion.htm I am having difficulty with machining and am working on it. I bought over 7 miles. The stuff on ebay is the least useful to me. The stuff I'm not selling has a smaller diameter and heats/cools faster. Any help/suggestions are welcome. Larry
Add pictures here
βœ–
    --Aha! Looks to me like a variation on the venerable Stirling engine. That means not a lot of torque, but a sealed system; i.e. all you need is an adequate delta-T between hot end and cold end. For Stirlings this number can be as low as, IIRC, 70degF . If you can narrow the delta-T further you might have something.