Design tables inside of assemblies

I see this has been asked many times before but I'm missing something. I'am revisting Sw I have 2001+sp00 I seem to missing something regarding putting a parts configuration into an assembly design table. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thankyou

Pat Gilbert

Reply to
Pgil235683

Hello Pat, I'm not sure I fully understand your question but if you are asking how to create multiple configurations of an assembly using the design table, then you add a column to your design table called "Configuration Name". In the rows you type your name such as -1 or whatever you want. Existing configurations can be added as well. Deleting a row will not delete the configuration. Hope that helps,

Michael Dorman CSWP

Reply to
mdorman

Thanks Michael

I went through the archives and found this post by Richard. An excellent way to control parts from an assembly. Even thought the post is 5yr old Thank you very much Richard.

It put a whole new spin on using Sw for the type of assemblies that I do. We build store fixtures and cabinets Sw is great for store fixtures but for cabinets way too time consuming. But with this method of handling assembly?s cabinets with Sw makes more sense.

Pat

Reply to
Pgil235683