Using Top-Down Design & workshop drawings

I've got a series of weldments that I'd like to model with a design table - top down approach as described by Rob Lemmen on this forum on

2001-02-20.

I've been successful in using this top down method to create the geometry and the design table and the configurations that I want. What I've not been able to figure out is how create workshop drawings of the various configurations.

The assembly consists of four sheet metal channels which are modeled in-place using an assembly sketch to drive the geometry. I'm using a design table to change the size of the channels and hole locations.

When I create a drawing, I can choose the configuration of the assembly, but I can't find a way to display the configurations of the component parts. I assume this is because the component information exists only at the assembly level.

How can I drive the configuration information in the assembly design table down into the individual component parts?

Or is there another way I should be doing this?

My goal is to be able to enter parameters for a new configuration in a design table and easily publish workshop drawings without having to create a whole family of files for each configuration. I recognize I'll need to have a separate drawing file for each configuration, but I was hoping it would stop at that.

Thanks, Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Kreider