Part Configurations related to Drawings

Newbie to Solidworks from ProE. I have a part that has several configurations. I require individual drawings of each configuration. I do not want table drawings.

What is the best way to create the first drawing and then subsiquently substitute in each other configuration and do "save as". Most of the configurations have identical features and I do not want or need to recreate new drawings and details each time.

In ProE, we used to just make a general drawing. Detail the part and then substitute each variance from the configuration options. This would eliminate a whole lot of effort.

Reply to
krupnikas

In SWX, you do pretty much exactly as you did in ProE:

1.) Create and save your first drawing 2.) Do a save-as 3.) In the new drawing, right click each drawing view, select properties, and then change the configuration of the model in that view.
Reply to
Arlin

Create your first drawing & save it as something - say DrawingConfig1. Change the config in each of the views. Do a Save As, and check the box for Save as copy. Give it the new name - say DrawingConfig2.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Sure would be nice if there was a check box that allowed me to change the configuration in ALL the views!

Jerry Steiger

Enhancement request and a great idea for a macro.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Thanks for the insight. I've learned that this forum is great for the most practical and immediate resource available.

Reply to
krupnikas

Jerry try this ctrl-select all views and then change the config it will change to the selected config in all selected views no need for enhancement.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

enhancement.

Corey,

Cool! Long, long ago when I last tried that it didn't work and I had to pick them one at a time. It's getting better all the time!

Jerry Steiger