assembly mate errors with design tables

Hi,

I have a clamp assembly where I want to have a set of configurations for open closed, etc. I have set up a design table for one of the parts (a spring clip). The design table drives the shape of the spring clip within the part file. In the assembly I have set up mates that use the shape of the slip to drive the clamp orientation, but get errors if I go into the part and change the configurations. Is there a more correct way of accomplishing my goal?

Thanks in advance MT

Reply to
mtattar1

I have run into problems with Design Table driven parts having face numbering change and thereby cause mates to fail. This is a serious problem that limits the usefulness of the design table and even configuration driven parts.

I think this problem has gotten worse since PDMWorks because SW doesn't have to consider this problem with PDM since PDMWorks can't handle configurations very well.

Reply to
P.