Configuration

I'm a Mechanical engineering major and it is my first time taking solidworks. Can anyone give me an example how to create a configuration from existing parts?

Thanks

Reply to
abdulselam99

I don't really understand the question. "Configuration" is a specific term in Solidworks (and most other 3D apps) which refers to a the ability to have variants of an item all contained within the same file, rather than needing to create multiple files.

I wonder whether you mean "how do I create an assembly from existing parts"? If so, then take a look at the Solidworks help files and also do the tutorials, and then feel free to ask some more questions.

John H

Reply to
John H