Mirrored part referencing out of date part

I recently mirrored a part from a part in an assy. I now have applied proper part numbers to the original and mirrored parts. The new mirrored part number is still referencing the old non-numbered original part. How can I change the reference on the new mirrored part number to read the new part number of the original non-mirrored part?

Thanks Rick

Reply to
Rick

did you use solidworks explorer to rename? if reanming an in-context part/assy, you must use solidworks explorer to maintain the relationships.

Reply to
kenneth

oops, forgot to answer. select open select mirrored part select "references" radio button select part you wish to reference

Reply to
kenneth

I think you have to change the reference from the file/open dialog box to make it point to a different part.

John H

Reply to
John H

mirrored a part from a part in an assy. I now have applied

You might also move the non-numbered part out of that folder. Diego

Reply to
Diego