AFRL Technology Horizons

Technical Articles:

The latest innovations in electronics, computing, materials, manufacturing, and more.

Embedded Technology:

This supplement presents articles and product briefs on embedded systems and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions for a variety of applications including military, homeland defense, and aerospace.

Custom-Built Machining Centers Create Telescope Mirrors Mar 31 2006

Each mirror segment requires 18 weeks of machine time, two weeks for heat treatment, and a week for inspection. The mirror segments are shipped to another company for months of polishing.

The JWST is scheduled for launch in June 2013, effectively replacing the Hubble Space Telescope. The JWST will study the earliest galaxies and some of the first stars formed after the Big Bang.

Reply to
John Scheldroup

Yo, Stupid. It was a Big Suck.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Would you share your Margarita recipe?

I have a few Martini recipes I can share... if you don't mind hair growing in your throat ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Yep. Attributed to FDR... called variously FDR Martini or Dirty Martini... does improve the flavor. I haven't decided yet the cause... probably just the brine.

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Well I might be stupid but I could theoretically Cook then Cater the best Mexican food recipes served on the planet as well as the best dandiest Margarita mix again my own recipe to any Hollywood function in the universe.

So there Egg head.

John

Reply to
John Scheldroup

Jim I luvya, but I think me is going to hold on to. I got something for your Martini's though... After you shake pour into goblet then add a little bit of olive juice, use the cap of olive jar as a strainer.

John

Reply to
John Scheldroup

message

green olive juice.

Reply to
John Scheldroup

The ultimate alcoholic drink recipe:

  1. Alcohol (first choice: ethanol - the other alcohols will work, for a while.)
  2. Enough other crap so that you can A) get it down without throwing up B) pretend that you're drinking it because you "like the taste".

Q: Do you know the difference between a wino and a connoisseur? A: The connoisseur takes the bottle out of the paper sack before he drinks it.

Just FYI:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich, but drunk