Workspace status reset

Does somebody know how can I to change workspace status on some files in Intralink 3.3? At this moment I have nothing in workspace status column ( I've only just takken some files from commonspace). I need to have status NEW. I make it in this way: In Intralink workspace I mark files and import them to folder on hdd. Next I delete this file from workspace and make export from hdd to empty workspace. So I have got file with status NEW. Maybe is easier way to do it? Does somebody know?

Regards Ziomall

Reply to
Ziomall

I think there is no other way than the one you are using. But why do you want to have an object as new in your workspace if you have already the object in you commonspace ?... If you want to have a copy of your object, you should prefer the duplicate functionality.

Good Luck !

Ben.

Reply to
Ben-TSE

I use duplicate to but in assy you have to fix it with new part. When the files has status new I only rename changed parts and everything allows me to seve time.

Regards Ziomall

Reply to
Ziomall

Seems like going over the north pole to go a block south: why not just replace the part with another, similar part? Is there more you're not telling us, ziomall? The pain, the torture of being dentists!!!

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

I am only looking for the easiest way to to chnge status for new in Intralink. How do you want to replace parts in assy without lose references? I can use interchange but I think with new parts it will be easier and faster.

Ziomall

Reply to
Ziomall

I'm sorry, I can't understand you. What do you want to do exactly ? Duplicate an assembly and change some components ? If Pro/INTRALINK does not allow you to change the status to new directly, it's because you are not using a proper or logical design strategy... Give us more information, and we'll probably be able to help you to realise what you want to do.

Regards,

Ben.

Reply to
Ben-TSE

Ok, I've got some assy with 100 parts e.g. I need to change and replace 2 parts and save the assy with new number (drawings parts and assy too). Those patrs must have a new numbers too. I change parts in assy and assy too but I still have this same files names in commospace. I konw I should create those files (assy and parts) by duplicate but it takes much more time. I export all workspace to hdd and import it to new workspace. So i have this same files but status is new. I rename assy and files which I need and send them to commonspace (for others files I can use update in intralink). I don't lose time to redefine 100 parts refereces. Any better idea?

Regards Ziomall

Reply to
Ziomall

Reply to
Ben-TSE

Thanks, I'll think about it.

Regards Ziomall

Reply to
Ziomall

Um, how about select the part and do 'Edit>Replace' and pick Layout as the 'Replace By' reference. Assuming (and I must because I have no information whatsoever on what is being replaced or with what it is being replaced) that they are geometrically similar parts, clicking OK will have automatically picked three similar references in your new part and have placed it correctly. Should it not be quite this simple, you simply pick references on your new part. Or, if configuration managements questions enter, do 'Save a copy', new name for assembly, new name for replaced part (dimmy name), then do the replace.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes